The business development manager will mine and secure new customer/client relationships while maintaining current customer needs. This role assists in developing and facilitating the proposal process for specific clients/customers including budget and pricing development, contract negotiations and client presentations. The individual will coordinate sales distribution by establishing sales territories, quotas, and goals.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Monitor customer preferences to determine focus of sales efforts.
- Reviews operational records and reports to project sales and determine profitability.
- Consults with division manager to plan advertising and to secure information on customer specifications.
- Prepares budgets and secures approval of budget expenditures.
- Plans and coordinates company-sponsored and company-hosted events.
- Establishes and maintains on-going client relationships with the various parties to anticipate and resolve potential problems. Resolves customer disputes.
- Uses knowledge of services to communicate and promote services to clients/customers.
- Participates in activities needed to support the management functions of the division.
- Participates at job site when needed.
- Participates in and represents company at annual trade shows.
- Participates in staff meetings and sales team meetings periodically.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, AND SKILLS
- Technical Capacity.
- Computer Literacy.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Some flexibility in hours is allowed, but the employee must be available during the “core” work hours of 9:30am to 3:30pm to maintain full-time status. On a weekly basis, 10% of the time spent in this role is spent in the office focusing on office/administrative duties and 90% is spent on customer interactions.
Travel is expected for this position from time to time.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Experience in the environmental remediation industry is preferred but not required.
- Experience in Salesforce is preferred but not required.
- Experience in the Hoovers Database (Duns & Bradstreet) is preferred but not required.
- Working knowledge of chart of accounts and allocations.
- Excellent oral and written communication.
- Understanding of business principles and practices.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disabilities, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, military status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. The Company is strongly committed to this policy and believes in the concept and spirit of the law. The Company believes in and practices equal opportunity and affirmative action. All employees are responsible for supporting the concept of equal opportunity and affirmative action and assisting the Company in meeting its objectives.
Mission: To be a trusted partner for our clients. We will deliver first-class environmental services with a sense of urgency and an uncompromising commitment to safety.
Vision: To be the environmental services company most respected for its people, quality
Service, partnership, and commitment to safety.
E3 Environmental is a full-service emergency response, remediation, and industrial cleaning company based in Jackson, MS with offices in Mobile, AL; Little Rock, AR; Laredo, TX; Memphis, TN; Clinton, MS; Shreveport, LA; Paducah, KY; Pensacola, FL; Deer Park, TX; Port Arthur, TX; La Marque, TX; New Orleans, LA; Cut Off, LA; Venice, LA; Baton Rouge, LA; Lake Charles, LA; Morgan City, LA; and Lafayette, LA. We have unmatched coverage capabilities along the Mississippi River corridor. We specialize in “turn-key” solutions for all your environmental and industrial needs, with a focus on the maritime industry including, but not limited to, Marine Fire Fighting, Barge Cleaning, and Spill Response. The most important resource available to our clients is our staff of qualified, experienced environmental professionals, dedicated to providing solutions of high value consistently with a commitment to safety, reliability and the long-term growth and success of the company. We offer competitive wages, paid vacation, 401(k) with match, full family medical, dental, vision, and group term life insurance coverage for employee and dependents, with additional supplemental policies available.