Responsible for supervising a crew of laborers/personnel in the emergency response and industrial cleaning activities.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Supervises a crew of up to 5 employees and prioritizes work.
- Reads and follows plans of action, material lists and guidelines and applies necessary job skills to complete tasks.
- Conducts regular tailgate safety meetings; Maintain a safe working environment by monitoring safety procedures and equipment while effectively completing tasks.
- Fulfills all regular and advanced installation duties and completes required paperwork in a timely manner.
- Organizes, supervises, leads and trains employees to complete projects within established guidelines and time frames.
- Enforces all company safety policies and procedures.
- Enforces all client-required safety policies and procedures.
- Complies with all company policies and procedures and safety requirements, including crewmember discipline and documentation.
- Prepare and maintain work records/reports of information such as employee time and wages, daily field tickets, or inspection results.
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as Microsoft Word and Excel, billing schedule, managing files and records, preparing reports, maintaining file of open jobs, and other processes and procedures.
- Attends safety operation meetings as required. Interpret information to others; explain rules, policies, procedures, or regulations to others; explain essential functions.
- Demonstrates work tasks and techniques to new workers or assign training tasks to experience workers.
This position has some supervisory responsibilities.
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Highly technical work with the possibility of extremely prolonged periods working in extreme temperatures and high-stress situations. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift or move items up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift or move items up to 75 pounds. The employee will be exposed to extreme seasonal temperatures, both very hot and very cold. The employee will be exposed to contaminants, hazardous conditions, and hazardous equipment. The employee will be exposed to whole body vibration and sounds, with noise levels that may be distracting or uncomfortable at times. The employee will be exposed to cramped workspace, awkward positions, and sometimes very confined spaces. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position with 24/7 responsibilities. Employees will be on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week with overtime eligibility. Due to the nature of the job, the employee must be available on-call early/late hours to deal with delays, bad weather and emergencies at the job site.
Travel is expected for this position. Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel will be expected. The employee may travel extensively when the construction site is not close to the main office or when responsible for activities at two or more sites.
Preferred Education and Experience
- A valid state driver’s license with Class A CDL endorsement with no active violations within the previous 3 years required
- HAZWOPER certification preferred
- High School Diploma or GED, preferred but not required
- Understanding of business principles and practices
- Knowledge of materials, methods, equipment & tools involved in remediation services
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair and maintenance
- Excellent oral communication skills
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disabilities, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, military status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. The Company is strongly committed to this policy and believes in the concept and spirit of the law. The Company believes in and practices equal opportunity and affirmative action. All employees are responsible for supporting the concept of equal opportunity and affirmative action and assisting the Company in meeting its objectives.
Mission: To be a trusted partner for our clients. We will deliver first-class environmental services with a sense of urgency and an uncompromising commitment to safety.
Vision: To be the environmental services company most respected for its people, quality
Service, partnership, and commitment to safety.
E3 Environmental is a full-service emergency response, remediation, and industrial cleaning company based in Jackson, MS with offices in Mobile, AL; Little Rock, AR; Laredo, TX; Memphis, TN; Clinton, MS; Shreveport, LA; Paducah, KY; Pensacola, FL; Deer Park, TX; Port Arthur, TX; La Marque, TX; New Orleans, LA; Cut Off, LA; Venice, LA; Baton Rouge, LA; Lake Charles, LA; Morgan City, LA; and Lafayette, LA. We have unmatched coverage capabilities along the Mississippi River corridor. We specialize in “turn-key” solutions for all your environmental and industrial needs, with a focus on the maritime industry including, but not limited to, Marine Fire Fighting, Barge Cleaning, and Spill Response. The most important resource available to our clients is our staff of qualified, experienced environmental professionals, dedicated to providing solutions of high value consistently with a commitment to safety, reliability and the long-term growth and success of the company. We offer competitive wages, paid vacation, 401(k) with match, full family medical, dental, vision, and group term life insurance coverage for employee and dependents, with additional supplemental policies available.