The Divisional Health & Safety Manager position is responsible for managing the health and safety of all office and field operations in their assigned region/district. This position will report to the Division Manager for day-to-day activities and to the Corporate Health & Safety Manager for all safety-related issues. As a Divisional Health and Safety Manager, the individual will ensure all on-site operations are completed in a safe manner and will develop and implement the Site HASP including preparing daily tailgate safety meetings, ensuring Job Safety Analysis (JSAs), work permits, and confined space permits are completed properly. Other duties include on-going air monitoring of the site as hazards and operations dictate, periodic safety sweeps of the site, performing hazard observations and safety audits of work being performed, and the responsibility of changing an operation if conditions are unsafe
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Analyzes working environment for hazard identification; mitigates hazards using various techniques; recommends various hazard control measures to personnel;
- Conducts worker safety training.
- Selects appropriate personal protective equipment including respiratory protection for personnel.
- Inspects fieldwork sites; Completes air monitoring/sampling on site and addresses issues.
- Ensures proper personnel decontamination.
- Assists managers and supervisors in implementing timely corrective actions for unsafe acts or conditions;
- Responsible for maintaining health and safety records within the division and performing periodic auditing for safety compliance;
- Maintains the division’s air monitoring equipment, performs monthly calibrations; ensures both monthly and annual calibration records are maintained for each instrument;
- Performs monthly inspections of all divisional breathing air equipment including Self Contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA), Supplied Air Respirators (SAR), and air cascade systems and inspects and tags all respiratory equipment used in a response after decontamination and disinfection.
- Arranges/schedules and maintains records of annual third-party testing of all breathing air equipment.
- Complete and document annual ASTM 1052F testing of all level A ensembles, maintain personal protective equipment inventory for the division and keep the PPE on response trailers stocked and ready to respond through both post response and weekly inspections.
- Assists other divisional staff with DOT compliance through vehicle inspections and audits.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, AND SKILLS
- Judgement & Decision Making
- Time Management
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Communication Proficiency
- Computer Proficiency
This position has supervisory responsibilities.
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift or move items up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift or move items up to 75 pounds. The employee will be exposed to extreme seasonal temperatures, both very hot and very cold. The employee will be exposed to contaminants, hazardous conditions, and hazardous equipment. The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme conditions at construction job sites. The employee will be exposed to whole body vibration and sounds, with noise levels that may be distracting or uncomfortable at times. The employee will be exposed to cramped workspace, awkward positions, and sometimes very confined spaces. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Employees will be on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week with overtime eligibility.
Travel is expected for this position. Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel will be expected. The employee may travel extensively when the construction site is not close to the main office or when responsible for activities at two or more sites.
Preferred Education and Experience
- HAZWOPER certification preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Health & Safety related field preferred but not required
- ASP/CSP or similar certifications preferred but not required
- Minimum 5 years of experience in emergency response industry and/or safety
- Understanding of business principles and practices
- Knowledge of materials, methods, equipment & tools involved in remediation services
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair and maintenance
- Knowledge of PPE and chemical compatibility
- Excellent oral communication skills
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disabilities, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, military status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. The Company is strongly committed to this policy and believes in the concept and spirit of the law. The Company believes in and practices equal opportunity and affirmative action. All employees are responsible for supporting the concept of equal opportunity and affirmative action and assisting the Company in meeting its objectives.
Mission: To be a trusted partner for our clients. We will deliver first-class environmental services with a sense of urgency and an uncompromising commitment to safety.
Vision: To be the environmental services company most respected for its people, quality service, partnership, and commitment to safety.
E3 Environmental is a full-service emergency response, remediation, and industrial cleaning company based in Jackson, MS with offices in Mobile, AL; Little Rock, AR; Laredo, TX; Memphis, TN; Clinton, MS; Shreveport, LA; Paducah, KY; Pensacola, FL; Deer Park, TX; Port Arthur, TX; La Marque, TX; New Orleans, LA; Cut Off, LA; Venice, LA; Baton Rouge, LA; Lake Charles, LA; Morgan City, LA; and Lafayette, LA. We have unmatched coverage capabilities along the Mississippi River corridor. We specialize in “turn-key” solutions for all your environmental and industrial needs, with a focus on the maritime industry including, but not limited to, Marine Fire Fighting, Barge Cleaning, and Spill Response. The most important resource available to our clients is our staff of qualified, experienced environmental professionals, dedicated to providing solutions of high value consistently with a commitment to safety, reliability and the long-term growth and success of the company. We offer competitive wages, paid vacation, 401(k) with match, full family medical, dental, vision, and group term life insurance coverage for employee and dependents, with additional supplemental policies available.