Responsible for performing preventative and corrective maintenance and repairs of company-owned and leased vehicles and equipment, including hydraulic, pneumatic, and electrical machinery. Troubleshoots issues or problems with vehicles and equipment to determine whether repairs are needed. Conducts inspections and performs periodic maintenance of ground support vehicles and equipment. Coordinates repairs and maintenance scheduling with the Operations Manager for the division to minimize downtime of the asset. Tracks inventory of parts and tools needed for repairs and maintenance. Maintains repair logs for the assets in the asset database and maintains a clean and safe repair shop while performing maintenance.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Perform maintenance and repairs (M&R) on DOT equipment including small motors (gasoline, diesel, hydraulic); equipment (roll-off trucks, vacuum trucks, hydraulic pumps, vacuum pumps); trailers (wheels and axles, electrical); and other DOT equipment structure, including some welding.
- Receive reports of equipment repairs required from all dispatching and reporting personnel.
- Maintain prioritized work lists of all M&R work pending.
- Maintain a safe working environment by monitoring safety procedures and equipment while carrying out tasks and work orders.
- Comply with maintenance schedules of all DOT equipment.
- Identify necessary equipment repairs during maintenance.
- Upon completion of M&R work, enter information including costs in appropriate maintenance records.
- For new DOT equipment, inspect and resolve equipment defects; prepare equipment for operation in accordance with manuals; initiate records and retain warranty documentation; and prepare inspection and maintenance schedule.
- For all DOT equipment, perform or arrange for scheduled inspections, operational testing; perform or arrange for M&R; monitor M&R performed by other personnel or contractors; and identify and perform M&R necessary to return equipment to ready status after use.
- Maintain assigned workspace in a safe, clean condition.
- Maintain a supply of M&R parts and materials.
- Interact with personnel and customers to ensure the completion of service orders and subsequent scheduling of services.
This position has some supervisory responsibilities.
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Highly technical work with the possibility of extremely prolonged periods working in extreme temperatures and high-stress situations. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift or move items up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift or move items up to 75 pounds. The employee will be exposed to extreme seasonal temperatures, both very hot and very cold. The employee will be exposed to contaminants, hazardous conditions, and hazardous equipment. The employee will be exposed to whole body vibration and sounds, with noise levels that may be distracting or uncomfortable at times. The employee will be exposed to cramped workspace, awkward positions, and sometimes very confined spaces. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Employees will be on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week with overtime eligibility.
Travel is expected for this position. Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel will be expected.
Preferred Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or GED preferred but not required.
- Training and experience maintaining and repairing small motors, DOT equipment and other DOT equipment structure, including some welding (preferred)
- Understanding of business principles and practices.
- Working knowledge of DOT equipment regulations.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Ability to understand and orally communicate in the English language.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disabilities, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, military status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. The Company is strongly committed to this policy and believes in the concept and spirit of the law. The Company believes in and practices equal opportunity and affirmative action. All employees are responsible for supporting the concept of equal opportunity and affirmative action and assisting the Company in meeting its objectives.
Mission: To be a trusted partner for our clients. We will deliver first-class environmental services with a sense of urgency and an uncompromising commitment to safety.
Vision: To be the environmental services company most respected for its people, quality
Service, partnership, and commitment to safety.
E3 Environmental is a full-service emergency response, remediation, and industrial cleaning company based in Jackson, MS with offices in Mobile, AL; Little Rock, AR; Laredo, TX; Memphis, TN; Clinton, MS; Shreveport, LA; Paducah, KY; Pensacola, FL; Deer Park, TX; Port Arthur, TX; La Marque, TX; New Orleans, LA; Cut Off, LA; Venice, LA; Baton Rouge, LA; Lake Charles, LA; Morgan City, LA; and Lafayette, LA. We have unmatched coverage capabilities along the Mississippi River corridor. We specialize in “turn-key” solutions for all your environmental and industrial needs, with a focus on the maritime industry including, but not limited to, Marine Fire Fighting, Barge Cleaning, and Spill Response. The most important resource available to our clients is our staff of qualified, experienced environmental professionals, dedicated to providing solutions of high value consistently with a commitment to safety, reliability and the long-term growth and success of the company. We offer competitive wages, paid vacation, 401(k) with match, full family medical, dental, vision, and group term life insurance coverage for employee and dependents, with additional supplemental policies available.