The Operations Manager will plan, schedule, direct, coordinate, and oversee the operations activities of the division, ensuring development and implementation of efficient operations and cost-effective systems to meet current and future needs of the division.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Recruits, interviews, hires, and trains new staff in the division.
- Oversees the daily workflow of the department.
- Provides constructive and timely performance evaluations of operations employees.
- Handles discipline and termination of employees in accordance with company policy.
- Establishes, implements, and communicates the strategic direction of the division’s operations.
- Collaborates with the Division Manager and executive leadership to develop and meet company goals while supplying expertise and guidance of operations projects.
- Identifies, recommends, and implements new processes, technologies, and systems to improve and streamline organizational processes and use of resources and materials.
- Ensures departmental decisions and project plans such as those for staffing, development, organization, material efficiency, hardware acquisitions, and facilities are in line with the organization’s business plan and vision.
- Establishes, communicates, and implements operations-related policies, practices, standards, and security measures to ensure effective and consistent support and execution.
- Identifies training needs and ensures proper training is developed and provided.
- Improves customer service and satisfaction through policy and procedural changes.
- Projects a positive image of the organization to employees, customers, industry, and community.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, AND SKILLS
- Time Management.
- Analytical Skills.
- Problem Solving Skills.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Organizational Skills.
- Supervisory and leadership skills.
- Thorough understanding of operations policies and practices.
This position has supervisory responsibilities.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift or move items up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift or move items up to 75 pounds. The employee will be exposed to extreme seasonal temperatures, both very hot and very cold. The employee will be exposed to contaminants, hazardous conditions, and hazardous equipment. The employee will be exposed to whole body vibration and sounds, with noise levels that may be distracting or uncomfortable at times. The employee will be exposed to cramped work space, awkward positions, and sometimes very confined spaces. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Employees will be on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week with overtime eligibility.
Travel is expected for this position. Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel will be expected. The employee may travel extensively when the construction site is not close to the main office or when responsible for activities at two or more sites.
Preferred Education and Experience
- At least 8-10 years’ industry-related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- High School Diploma or GED preferred
- Understanding of business principles and practices
- Knowledge of materials, methods, equipment & tools involved in remediation services
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair and maintenance
- Excellent oral and written communication skill
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disabilities, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, military status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. The Company is strongly committed to this policy and believes in the concept and spirit of the law. The Company believes in and practices equal opportunity and affirmative action. All employees are responsible for supporting the concept of equal opportunity and affirmative action and assisting the Company in meeting its objectives.
Mission: To be a trusted partner for our clients. We will deliver first-class environmental services with a sense of urgency and an uncompromising commitment to safety.
Vision: To be the environmental services company most respected for its people, quality service, partnership, and commitment to safety.
E3 Environmental is a full-service emergency response, remediation, and industrial cleaning company based in Jackson, MS with offices in Mobile, AL; Little Rock, AR; Laredo, TX; Memphis, TN; Clinton, MS; Shreveport, LA; Paducah, KY; Pensacola, FL; Deer Park, TX; Port Arthur, TX; La Marque, TX; New Orleans, LA; Cut Off, LA; Venice, LA; Baton Rouge, LA; Lake Charles, LA; Morgan City, LA; and Lafayette, LA. We have unmatched coverage capabilities along the Mississippi River corridor. We specialize in “turn-key” solutions for all your environmental and industrial needs, with a focus on the maritime industry including, but not limited to, Marine Fire Fighting, Barge Cleaning, and Spill Response. The most important resource available to our clients is our staff of qualified, experienced environmental professionals, dedicated to providing solutions of high value consistently with a commitment to safety, reliability and the long-term growth and success of the company. We offer competitive wages, paid vacation, 401(k) with match, full family medical, dental, vision, and group term life insurance coverage for employee and dependents, with additional supplemental policies available.